Monday 11 April 2016

Dlish Scraps March Cyber Challenge

Dlish Scraps have a monthly Cyber Challenge over at The Scarp Suite, where members of the creative team set 4 challenges each month to do. These challenges are lots of fun and vary greatly so there is always something new to try.


The March Challenges are as follows
Challenge #1 by Amanda


Loved this challenge as it took me out of my comfort zone and had me looking at adding hand stitching and hand journaling. I find it hard to include lots of journaling on my pages so this really pushed me.

So here it is


I love this page because it's soft and shows my two children meeting their newborn cousin, it was such a new experience for them both to hold a brand new baby. 

I hand stitched the 2 arrows, added a Charms Creations Fab Flower as my handmade flower and journaled a lot more than I normally would have if not required too.
Dlish Scraps Products used were Wordfetti  and a Flair.


Challenge #2 by Sandra


I found Sandra's challenge the hardest as I usually clean up as I go while scrapping as I use my kitchen table as my scrap space, I need to swap from scrapping to kitchen table quickly so I don't leave much mess behind after each page is created. 


I recycled a background page from a previous page that didn't make me happy, The die cut frame around the photo was flipped over and given a spray of mist to make the photo pop and I upcycled the sequins to stick on the Alphas. 
Sandra also challenge us to include at least 1 button on our page, so I added the pirate ship and the treasure chest. 
My first attempt at altering some Charms Creations Calico XO's didn't go as planned but they still turned out ok. More practice needed I think.


Challenge #3 by Michelle 



I loved going back through The Scrap Suite's Design Team's albums and finding inspiration. The one that caught my eye the most was actually created by Michelle herself here;



And this is how I was inspired by her original layout. 



I used Dlish Scraps Journal tags, Itty Bitty Blooms and a Sequin Bow. 

And lastly Challenge #4 by Sonia
to be inspired by the colours of the below image.


I was inspired by the pinks, blues, greens and a touch of yellow to create my page.


My daughter helping me to make her own birthday cake for her 7th birthday, she truly is One of a Kind.
I inked the edges of my boarder page to match the colours of the image and then added embellishments. I also added some extra stamped images to the page.
Dlish flairs, Journal It Spot, resin flowers and leaves, heather sprig, small roses and another pink flower from an older Just Add Paper Kit.

Thank you to Amanda and her Amazing Team at Dlish Scraps for a fun and inspirational Cyber Crop, I look forward to be challenged next month in the April Cyber Crop.

Thank you for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment