Wednesday 13 April 2016

Scrap the Girls April 2016

I'm starting to get a little better at this blogging thing :)

So I'd like to share my take on the wonderful Scrap the Girls April Mood Board.

This mood board is full of soft pastel colours and a beautiful quote that I found easy to work with. I even tried some soft stenciling using a new Scrapmatts stencil and inks and mists with the colour selection.

My layout is below.


I found a lovely quiet photo of Miss Bug that I took before Christmas in a rare quiet moment for her. I couldn't resist adding the glasses frame to match the 'You are Fabulous' Flair, I can't believe how well they fit the photo and almost looked real. 

As usual there is lots of D-lish Scraps goodies on my page: 

Elise Flowers that I have had since my very first Just Add Paper kit 2 years ago, a resin heart, Spotty Bow, Pick and Place Bow, the flair came from another kit as well, a small rose, spotty paper bags, Enamel Frame, pink doily, 'Love this' tag and if you look really closely there are a few tiny little sequin hearts scattered around the clusters. 

I added a Charms Creations Pink Chevron and a Studio Calico wood veneer heart.
The inks and mists I used were Spun Sugar Distress Stain, Smooch Mist in Sea Kisses and Pewter Pearl Drops mixed with a little water.  

I usually don't use pastels when it comes to scrapping my daughter as she is not usually very soft or gentle, but I think this photo suited them well.

Thanks for looking at my Scrap the Girls April 2016 Mood Board entry.


3 comments:

  1. At first I thought the glasses were real. How's that for a perfect fit! A great take on the moodboard. Thanks for playing along with STG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this especially what you have done with the stencil. Thanks for playing along with STGs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you certainly have nailed the pastel moodboard! Thanks for playing along with STG!

    ReplyDelete