Wednesday 4 May 2016

Dlish Scraps April Cybercrop

Dlish Scraps has a Facebook page called The Scrap Suite where they hold a monthly Cybercrops. Amanda and her team of creative souls set 4 challenges and we have 4 weeks to complete them. Every month is full of inspirational challenges that get your creative juices bubbling away to help you capture those precious memories, what ever they may be.


Challenge # 1 was set by Krisy



I had to think hard about this challenge as I wanted to scrap a male inspired layout and not cave in and do another female one. I need to scrap more of my son. 
I was still inspired by Disney but instead of a Princess I was inspired by a quote by Sorcerer Mickey Mouse.


I used a Dlish Scraps Sequin Bow and left over large wood veneer stars, Map Marker, Star, Chevron, sequins, small wood veneer stars and male wood veneer person are from a Charms Creations Mixed Kit. The background was stenciled with a Kaisercraft Stars Stencil. 


Challenge #2 was set by Mandy 


I realised when starting this challenge that I didn't have any photos of my friends and I together as I am the one behind the camera when we are together, so I found one of my son and his mates to go with the quote. These 3 write the most amazing stories together while on their way through life, some good and some bad but always fun.



Another trying new things background where I was playing with a Flutterby Designs stencil and a Tim Holtz stencil to create different effects because of this I keep the layout simple by tearing (argh!) the underlying cardstock to create a frame for the photo matted on to a Dlish Scraps 5 x 7 Chevron Bag. I added some silver Punchinella, a heart flair and black sequins from Dlish Scraps as well. I topped off the layout with some Charms Creations embellishments. 


Challenge #3 was set by Emma


I've had this Professional portrait of my children done a few years ago sitting around waiting for the chance to scrap it, finally I found a challenge that suited the task. 



I have a stash of backgrounds that are sitting around in a clean pizza box waiting to be used after I have had a play with different mediums, stencils and or other mixed media products. I liked this one and it gave bold black and white background that I could add a colour and a metallic too. As you can see I added a lovely blue to match my photo and the metallic was the Leaf and photo mount cardstock. 
I used a Dlish Scraps White Sequin Bow, a Heart Flair, Love Flag, Wordfetti, Resin Lily and tiny dark blue flowers from a previous kit. 
Other products were A Piece of Cake Design Flair, Rainbow Splendour Blue Leaf, Charms Creations Mini Silver Glitter Heart and various flowers from my stash as well as 2 little butterflies. 

Last but not least Challenge #4 was set by Sue

Sue created a great sketch this month to inspire us with, 


Here is my page based on Sue's sketch.


I was trying to use up some more of my leftovers before starting on another collection. I love digging through my container of D'lish goodies to see what I can add to my page, doily, flower/mason jar card, a journal spot, a pink gardenia, small rose and the heart flair. 
A soft pink Vellum Bow from Rainbow Splendour, a A Piece of Cake Designs 'awesome' flair and a Charms Creations Heart were also added for some other embellishment to my page.


I am starting to see that I like clean simple pages that capture the amazing things we do in life.

Thank you all for visiting.








No comments:

Post a Comment