Friday 20 May 2016

More Than Words May Challenge

Over at the More Than Words blog they have an awesome challenge using The word 'Moment' and the Technique  'Clocks'.


I really wanted to do this challenge this month as I am trying to push myself outside my comfort zone and do something new each month. 

So here is my layout.


I went for a vintage style as the image of the clocks on the blog reminded me of an older time period, and a less colourful era, hence the more neutral tones.

I used a range of products starting with a sheet of vellum to soften the script on the Kasiercraft patterned paper as well as some Kaisercraft left over black flourish, A Stampin' Up Clock stamp that I was able to borrow from an awesome friend, with Heidi Swapp Archival Ink, to add some extra 'Clock' details. An old paper rose, a Clock charm from Handmade Halo as well as a Rainbow Splendour Bow complete the cluster. American Thickers, an Amy Tan Die Cut Arrow,  Charms Creations Mini Runner and a Dlish Scraps lace doily finished the page

I was out of my comfort zone as I usually reach for lots of colour on my pages, but I enjoyed trying a different approach and look forward to attempting more challenges from the More Than Words Blog.

Thank you for stopping by.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful moment captured Vicky. Great take on our challenge. Thanks For playing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page!Thank you for playing with us at morethanwords challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet !! BEAUTIFUL page Vicky!! Thank you for joining us at More than Words !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A WONDERFUL layout Vicky..
    ThankS for joining in over @ More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout! Thanks for playing along with us at MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're joining in! There's nothing like a good challenge to make us think outside the square. You've done a fab job here! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so sweet! Love your stamped clock! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete