Wednesday 22 June 2016

123 Challenge June 2016

Hello All,

The Challenge over at the 123 Challenge Blog this month was to Use the Colour - Lilac, the Word  -Drama and the Technique - Doodling.

I knew I could handle the first two fairly well and that I had the perfect photo for my layout but Doodling on my layouts is another matter entirely. 

I had this lovely piece of Lilac paper (by Nicole, no other company or branding on the collection) sitting in my stash of pretty girl papers for awhile now just waiting to be used, it wasn't something that could be chopped up as it really wouldn't do the piece justice. So with this paper and the photo, I set about creating my page.


Some time ago Jules Gems on FaceBook was selling "Jules Bits Kits" of mixed embellishments in monotone colours and I managed to grab a few in different colours to work with. I used my Lilac/Purple kit here and added 2 Dlish Scraps Flairs coupled with a Lilac shipping tag from my older stash. Furthermore I still managed to sneak a Charms Creations Mini Star on my page who are sponsoring this month's challenge prize.
The hardest part of my layout was adding some doodling to my page, I feel that I'm scribbling on the page and not actually adding to the layout but I will hopefully find a happy medium one day regarding my doodling attempts. 

Miss 7 was having a grumpy morning while we were on holidays 2 years ago and wasn't happy that the wonderful Mr Twister - balloon maker extraordinaire, had made her a unicorn instead of a giraffe.
My words to her, as I popped the camera to my face were "Beware the Drama Llama" in hope of getting her to smile..... 
(We spent the rest of the day just relaxing in our cabin in the air-con watching movies. Sometimes we all need a rest while on holidays.)

Please feel free to check out my other posts about my scrapping adventures.
Vicky


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. You've done a great job on the doodling! Thank for playing along with the 123 Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the challenge and that grumpy face is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational take on our challenge - too precious for words!! Thank you so much for sharing with us on 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I had to smile at the title, perfect! love the photo too.. your layout looks wonderful.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky - this is just lovely! Thanks for playing along with 123 Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete