Friday 17 June 2016

Dlish Scraps May Cybercrop 2016

I love the team over at Dlish Scraps!
They set the most amazing challenges to make capturing your memories so much fun (and sometimes frustrating but hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger)

First to challenge us this month is Michelle:


I will admit that this challenge really held an added bonus for me as it pushed me to unbox my Scan N Cut (I've had it 2 years) and try one last time to understand how to use this expensive paperweight. I spent many a night glued to my computer watching You Tube and learning how to navigate the ins and outs of what to do. 
I am proud that I stuck to my guns and didn't decide to sell it. I have learnt so much this month and it was all because Michelle challenge us to incorporate cut files, die cuts and punched out shapes.

Here is what I achieved:

The cut file I finally decided to use was the front of a card file that I found while searching for free cut files 2 years ago when I first bought my Scan N Cut, I thought it made a good frame for my photo. Craft Market paper and ephemera was used to complete my page.

Challenge #2 was set by Sandra:


I struggle to add multiple photos to my pages, but this is what I can up with. 


This challenge was another push out of my comfort zone this month, I find it hard to use multiple photos on one layout but I realise I am getting more comfortable with this technique. Practice, Practice, Practice.
I kept the embellishments down to a minimum so as to not detract too much from the cheeky photos of Miss  Bug. Dlish Scraps products used were a Sequin Bow, Twine and Flair.
I added a Charms Creations Heart and one of the new LOL Emojis. 


Challenge #3 had Amanda challenging us to use our "B" things, with Banners, Bows and Buttons.


I also loved her page so much that I scrap-lifted her Banner idea as well.


So I used Banners, Bows and Buttons but also added Bella Bling Butterflies, Brads and Babies
Charms Creations Banners, A Piece of Cake Designs Flairs and Dlish Scraps blue and pink twine, mini pegs, flower buttons Pick and place bow and sequin bow.

Lastly (but not the least) challenge #4 was set by Sonia. Another fantastic challenge to get those creative ideas flowing.


Please excuse the odd angled photo of my layout but I was finding it had to capture the word "Shine" on the layout.


Mr E had just bought home his school photos when this months challenges were set, I knew straight away on seeing this Senior Photo that Sonia's challenge was perfect for this photo. 
I used Kaisercraft cardstock, Ammerican Crafts Thickers and a cute Charms Creations Silver Glitter Star. Of course Dlish Scraps products were used, a Silver Sequin Bow, a Flair and a wood veneer diamond left from a Just Add Paper Kit. I also added some Cocoa Vanilla Studio Cut Outs after learning how to tame my Scan N Cut. (There will be no stopping me now, cut out on every page.) 

Again a big Thank You to Amanda Lawerence and all her talented team for challenging us all to stretch our creative strengths and weaknesses. 
I look forward to next months challenges!

Thanks for stopping in.



No comments:

Post a Comment